Late superstar is Forbes' highest-paid dead celebrity
Forbes has just revealed the late King Of Pop earned a whooping $825 million this year alone.
According to Forbes, Jackson has generated so much revenue following his estate's decision to sell his half-share of the Beatles catalogue to Sony for $750 million. The star had purchased the rights to Beetle's music back in 1984 for $47.5 million and then sold 50 percent of it to Sony in 1995 for $115 million.
His remaining share was sold to Sony in March this year.
Following Michael is cartoonist and Peanuts creator late Charles Schulz who died in 2000 with $48 million.
Here's the full list below:
10. Bettie Page - $11 million
9. Albert Einstein - $11.5 million
8. John Lennon - $12 million
7. Theador Geiel "Dr. Seuss" - $20 million
6. Bob Marley - $21 million
5. Prince - $25 million
4. Elvis Presley - $27 million
3. Arnold Palmer - $40 million
2. Charles Schulz - $48 million
1. Michael Jackson - $825 million
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: