Almost all higher institutions in Nigeria have six basic requirements for secondary school leavers who are seeking admission into their schools.
Admission seekers are expected to meet all these requirements before a university or polytechnic could consider them for any program.
These same conditions are applicable to the highly competitive institutions and those considered as second choice universities.
University of Lagos, UNILAG, is one of such institutions that is very competitive and like other institutions, there are six basic conditions you must meet to get admission into any Nigerian higher institution.
Here are the six requirements for admission in Nigeria
1. Admission into FULL-TIME undergraduate programmes is ONLY through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE).
2. Candidate must possess five (5) credits in O/Level or its equivalent as required by the Department of interest.
3. Candidates must obtain a minimum of 200 points in Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Candidate's details must have been forwarded to University of Lagos by Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
4. Candidate must sit for the University POST-UTME Screening and must obtain the required minimum score.
5. The University Admissions Office processes FULL-TIME admission into undergraduate programmes ONLY. Admission into other programmes like Foundation, Diploma, Distance Learning Institute (DLI), Post-graduate and evening programmes are handled by other organs of the University.
6. Candidate must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.