Pope Francis spoke on the importance of family on Saturday, September 26, 2015 at the World Meeting of Families Festival in Philadelphia.
5 things to learn from the pontiff's speech on 'importance of family'
"The family is beautiful, but there's effort involved and there are problems."
"The family is beautiful, but there's effort involved and there are problems," the pope said.
The pontiff was welcomed by actor Mark Wahlberg who hosted the evening's performances.
Among the artiste who performed were Aretha Franklin and Andrea Bocelli.
Here are 5 things to learn from Pope Francis speech on the 'Importance of family'
1. There are always challenges but your efforts to correct them is all that matters.
2. The family is like a factory of hope, a factory of Resurrection.
3. All the love and beauty God has in himself, he gives it to the family.
4. God loves families who love each other.
5. Families should bring up their children in a Godly manner so as to develop a society of truth, goodness and beauty.
Six families from various continents were among the speakers.
They shared their hopes, dreams and fears on stage as the pontiff listened attentively.
The families were from Australia, Ukraine, Jordan, Nigeria, the United States and Argentina.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: