Being able to control your emotion is an important part of being a Christian because letting your emotions control you might lead you to do sinful things.
10 things the Bible says about anger
You can learn more about what is expected of you as Christian when it comes to anger by taking a look at what the bible says.
You can learn more about what is expected of you as Christian when it comes to anger by taking a look at what the bible says below.
1. Genesis 4:5-8 but for Cain and his offering he [the LORD] had no regard. So Cain was very angry, and his face fell. The LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry, and why has your face fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.” Cain spoke to Abel his brother. And when they were in the field, Cain rose up against his brother Abel and killed him.
2. Psalms 37:8 Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.
3. Proverbs 15:18 A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention.
4. Proverbs 29:22 A man of wrath stirs up strife, and one given to anger causes much transgression.
ALSO READ: 10 things the bible says about gambling
5. Proverbs 30:33 For pressing milk produces curds, pressing the nose produces blood, and pressing anger produces strife.
6. Proverbs 14:16,17 (KJV) A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident. He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly: and a man of wicked devices is hated.
7. Proverbs 14:29 Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.
8. Proverbs 19:11 Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.
9. Ecclesiastes 7:9 Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.
10. James 1:19,20 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: