So, you’re in your mid twenties and all of a sudden, everything is beginning to slow down. Your friends are talking about settling down and your parents are on your case about just about everything.
You really just wanna breath, take some time off and re-evaluate your life goals and choices. Here are a couple of life lessons to aid you in that process:
- Be joyful: Life is going to present crazy challenges and obstacles. Your job is to find your joy in the little and simple things of life, regardless of what happens or what is said.
- Find your passion: This is especially for those stuck in some crappy job. Find what makes you happy and how you can fulfill a need with it.
- Guard your dreams: There are so many idea and dream jackers in this world. So be careful who you tell things to.
- You’ll step on toes: You absolutely cannot please everyone on this earth. No matter how hard you try, people are gonna have something negative to say so do you!
- Your health is gold: For my workaholics out there, if you drop today, your company will not only come and eat Jollof, they will find someone to replace you and move on quick quick so…
- Be honest: Don’t be afraid of hurting anyone or of being too soft. Be honest about your opinions with the uttermost respect.
- Network and network: In your early adulthood, you’ll have the energy to move around and meet people. Use that to advance yourself and your career.
- Don’t play it too safe: Life is full of chances and the most successful people are the ones who took chances so take a chance.
- Take care of the outward: Pay attention to your physical appearance and nurture it. It’s not vanity, it’s self care. Hit the gym and the spa! Yes even men, spa!
- Fail as quick and much as you can: The earlier and more you fail, the earlier and more you learn from mistakes and are on to the path of success.
- Don’t feel entitled: You’re not gonna get anything on a platter of gold so yes, you have to work your butt off for any good thing you will have.
- Be patient: You know how they say the best things come to those who wait? Best believe it, some things just take time.
- Family and friends are everything: Anyone who stands by you and makes you a better version of yourself by means of association is your friend and family. Hold on to them.
- Don’t get too comfortable: Don’t ever think you have arrived. Once you earn an achievement, celebrate it but not for too long and on to the next.
- Date as much as you can: Don’t wait till you’re 30 to figure out how dating works. Test the waters from now and be experienced.
- Life goes on: No matter what you encounter or what happens to you, remember that life will go on, regardless of the cuts and bruises, you’ll be fine!
Share some of your life lessons with us!