Strawberries are great and work wonders for the skin because they are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants that offer skin lightening, brightening and anti-aging benefits. They brighten up dull and oily skin.
Strawberries are particularly good for oily and acne-prone skin as they help remove excess oil. They also work brilliantly as great skin toner because of their astringent properties.
They contain alpha-hydroxy acids that help remove dead skin cells and treat acne. They also promote firm and smooth skin, and help fade acne scars and blemishes. The acid in strawberries also prevent the break down of collagen that contributes to wrinkles. It also protects the skin from damage caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
It is safe to say strawberries alone or mixed with other amazing natural/organic product will work wonders on the skin. Today on Pulse Daily we are sharing how to make Strawberry mask to lighten and brighten the skin.
What you need:
Measuring cups and spoons
1. Cut 4 to 5 fresh strawberries into pieces and mash them thoroughly using a fork.
2. Put ¼ cup of the mashed strawberries into a bowl.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to it.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt.
5. Mix in 1 tablespoon of honey.
Your homemade strawberry face mask is ready now.
How to Use:
1. Remove all makeup and wash your face.
2. Apply your homemade strawberry mask generously on your face and neck.
3. Lightly massage your skin with it to aid exfoliation.
4. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Rinse it off.
6. Do this once or twice a week.
Lemon juice is excellent for maintaining soft and smooth skin. Due to its citric acid content, it naturally lightens and brightens the skin while Yoghurt contains lactic acid that reduces blemishes and smoothen rough skin. It also fights acne and gives you a glowing complexion. Honey, too, is great for your skin because it keeps your skin moisturized. Plus, its antibacterial properties help fight acne-causing bacteria. So the mask has your skin sorted you should try it.
Women's Health, Top 10 Remedies