Lagos state government to rebrand transport sector in 6 ways
The Lagos state government has revealed plans to change the transport sector.
According to the Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Dayo Mobereola, the government intends to rebrand/change the taxi scheme, rail and water transport systems.
Speaking at the 2016 annual ministerial press briefing in Alausa, Ikeja, Mobereola said this change includes the following:
- replacing '
- introducing commuter protection number plates and body tags- this will show their routes and enforce colour uniformity,
- teach transport operators to be professional, and polite - the transport commissioner said this will be done with
- increasing the vehicle inspection service staff by 200,
- restructure motor parks in the state, and
- introduce holistic ticketing system.
“Lagos State motor parks would be restructured in such a way that alcohol and illicit substances would not be there.
We are going to teach transport operators in the state behavioural etiquette and how to talk to commuters.
We intend a complete the reorientation of the VIS and strengthen its efficiency and effectiveness, including the extension of the area offices to 30,”Mobereola said.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: