How to bake a layered chocolate and Malteesers cake
This fluffy layered chocolate cake is a perfect way to eat your heart out.
Milk and dark chocolate are used to make the frosting.
What you need:
- Three cups of cake flour
- Three quarters a cup of all purpose flour
- One tablespoon of baking powder
- One tablespoon of pure vanilla
- One cup of malted milk powder
- Two cups of butter
- One cup of sugar
- Four big eggs
- A pinch of salt
- Two cups of iced water- 250 grams of dark chocolate, chopped
- 250 grams of milk chocolate, chopped
- One and a half cups of whipping cream
- Two tablespoons of light corn syrup
- One box of Malteesers for decoration
ALSO READ: How to bake a chocolate layer cake with Twix
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F and move the oven rack to the middle.
2. Grease three eight inch round cake pans with butter. Line the bottom with parchment paper and grease the paper with butter too. position.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, malted milk powder in a large bowl and set aside.
4. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together with a hand mixer till fluffy.
5. Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and add flour, alternating with the cold water water in the manner of three dry, two wet.
6. Whisk egg whites in a medium bowl and whisk till the peak forms.
7. Scoop on top of the batter and gently fold in the egg whites with a spatula.
8. Divide the batter equally into the three pans.
9. Put the pans in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Turn them halfway through.
10. Set out to cool and when completely cool, place in the freezer to chill.
For the milk chocolate frosting:
11. Put all the chocolate in a bowl.
12. Whisk your whipped cream and corn syrup in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
13. Once it boils, pour over your chocolate and let sit for about three minutes.
14. Whisk out mixture till smooth and set aside to cool to room temperature level.
15. Once it has cooled sufficiently, add in butter gradually until frosting becomes smooth.
16. Put in the freezer to firm up a bit.
17. Unwrap the first layer of cake and place on a cake board.
18. If need be, trim the top of the cake so that it is flat. Spread out quarter of the frosting on top.
19. Place the second layer of cake on top and pour another quarter of frosting over it.
10. Place the third layer of cake on top and cover with a thin layer of frosting.
11. Put in freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.
12. Remove from freezer and cover cake completely with the remainder of the frosting.
13. Decorate with Malteesers.
14. Serve and store as desired.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: