- The tiny-house movement is hot among millennials right now.
- To see what it's really like inside a tiny house , I visited Think Big! A Tiny House Resort in upstate New York's Catskills region for three days in October.
- My 269-foot tiny house felt more spacious than I expected, thanks to some clever design that amplified storage and windows.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
The tiny-house movement is gaining popularity among millennials.
I recently visited Think Big! A Tiny House Resort , located in the Catskills in upstate New York, about a two-hour drive north of Manhattan, to try out a tiny house myself.
I stayed in a 269-foot-tiny house for three days, and it was more spacious than I thought it would be. There was plenty of storage, and I didn't once bump into furniture or a tight corner. It also made excellent use of windows the open views and streaming light gave the illusion of more space than there actually was.
But I should note that I'm used to New York City apartments, which are also notoriously small. I wasn't exactly out of my league here.
Staying a tiny house was an enjoyable experience. Here's what it looked like inside.
- Kanye West just called himself a 'billionaire,' but Forbes puts his net worth at $240 million. Here's a look at how the hip-hop artist built and spends his fortune.
- Billionaire hedge-fund manager Cliff Asness just listed his Miami penthouse for $29.5 million only a year after buying it because he wants to upgrade to a bigger home. Here's a look inside.
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian just expanded their 'minimal monastery' compound in Hidden Hills by dropping nearly $3 million on a neighboring home. Here's a look inside the couple's growing real-estate portfolio.