Osun is the goddess of love and is widely beloved.
She is known for healing the sick, cheering the sad, bringing music, song and dance, as well as bringing fertility and prosperity.
She is known for healing the sick as well as bringing fertility and prosperity, but that's not all there is. (Pintrest)
1. She is the protector of the poor, the mother of all orphans, she is the one who brings them what they need in this life through periods of weakness or strength.
2. Osun is more precious than rubies, she holds the length of days is in her right hand and in her left-hand riches and honour.
3. Osun is associated with yellow colour and other important metals like gold and copper.
4. Osun is the mother of sweet or fresh waters. In her form as the mother of salt waters, she is known as Yemoja.
5. She was taught the art of divination with the cowrie shells, cards, tarots, visions, possessions, songs, chants and meditations by her father Obatala, the first of the created gods.
6. She brought the teaching of divinations, mysticism, agriculture and culture to humans.
7. Among the Yorubas of West Africa, she is known as Yalode, the mother of things outside the home or the mother of wealth, due to her business acumen.
8. She is also known as Laketi, “She who responds”, because of how quickly and effectively she answers prayers.
9. The peacock and the vulture are sacred to Her.
10. Oshun is a particularly sensuous goddess and has been associated with many lover and husbands. In her form of the diviner, She is the wife or lover of Orunmila, the first prophet of Ifa divination.