Multichoice Nigeria is one of the major direct providers of entertainment to thousands of household in the country.
9 things you probably didn’t know about the Multichoice Nigeria MD
An engineer with a passion for art. Get to know more about this entertainment influencer.
Several Nigerians subscribe to the pay-media company’s digital satellite services including: DStv and GOtv. ICT expert John Ugbe is the Managing Director of the South African owned company in Nigeria.
Here are a few things you probably didn’t know about the man who leads the promotion of Nigerian talent and culture to Africa via the Pay-TV medium.
1. He grew up in Calabar. His father was a civil servant and his mother was a teacher.
2. Ugbe studied Electronic and Computer Engineering at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO). He also holds an MBA from the University of Liverpool.
3. The FUTO alumnus has previously worked at Agip, Halliburton and NCR.
4. When he first joined Multichoice in 1998, he started as an engineer and then got promoted to IT manager.
5. He left Multichoice in 2003 to join MWeb where he went from IT manager to general manager of the company Nigeria.
6. In 2011 he was appointed managing director of Multichoice Nigeria Limited.
7. He has a flair for art. When he was younger, he created art works and paintings, which he sold.
8. He also has an interest in fashion. In a recent interview with The Punch, the IT expert shared that he still nurses a hidden ambition to go back into fashion designing.
9. He met his wife during youth service at the National Youth Service Orientation (NYSC) Lagos camp.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: