- Only subscribers with the $11.99 monthly Hulu (No Ads) plan can download from Hulu and not all titles are available to download.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
While most of us are connected to the Internet pretty much 24 hours a day, there are times when being online isn't an option, like flying with an airline that doesn't offer in-flight Wi-Fi or while on vacation in an area with low, or no, coverage.
That means that if you want to watch some TV shows or movies on Hulu to entertain you on these occasions, you'll need to download them so you can access them while offline.
Hulu only introduced the downloading option in October 2019, and unfortunately, it's still only available to subscribers on the $11.99 per month No Ads plan subscribers to the basic $5.99 per month plan aren't eligible.
You can download up to 25 titles at a time across up to five different devices, and they'll stay on your device for 30 days before expiring, giving you plenty to watch in the meantime.
Here's how to download movies and shows on the Hulu app.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to download on Hulu for offline viewing
1. On your device's home screen, tap the Hulu icon to open the app.
2. Since the downloading feature is still new and there aren't many titles available, it makes sense to go directly to the "Downloadable" section listed at the top of the "Search" menu.
- To find this option, simply tap the "Search" option in the menu bar at the bottom of your screen, then tap "Downloadable."
3. Tap on the TV show or movie you wish to download.
4. Tap the small icon next to the episode or movie title you want to download, which contains a downward-pointing arrow inside of a circle.
5. Your file will then begin downloading. Once finished, you'll be able to access your downloads by tapping the "Downloads" option on the bottom menu bar.
It should be noted that downloading isn't available on desktop via the Hulu.com website.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- 'How many people can watch Hulu at once?': An unlimited amount, with the right subscription here's what you need to know
- How to cancel your Hulu subscription, or temporarily pause it for up to 12 weeks
- You can't watch Netflix on a Nintendo Switch, but you can watch YouTube and Hulu here's what you need to know
- 'Can you watch Hulu on a Nintendo Switch?': Yes, you can here's how to set up the Switch's Hulu app
NOW WATCH: Why it's so hard for planes to land on water
- How to see the blocked contacts on your iPhone for 4 different apps
- How to send money on PayPal using the mobile app or website
- How to send money on Venmo to anyone with an account, and set a privacy setting for payments
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget