- Kmart stores will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight on Thanksgiving and reopen at 6 a.m. on Black Friday. Sears stores will open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving and close at midnight, then reopen at 6 a.m. on Black Friday.
- It has been a rocky year for Sears and its sister store, Kmart. The retailer is looking to capitalize on the holiday shopping season and boost sales after a rocky year, which included dozens of store closings and several near brushes with complete extinction.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Sears and Kmart are opening their doors early for Black Friday sales to take advantage of the busy holiday shopping season.
The sales will kick off first at Kmart, which opens at 6 a.m. on Thanksgiving and closes at Midnight. It will reopen to customers at 6 a.m. on Black Friday, exactly what it offered in 2018.
Meanwhile, at Sears, doors will open at a more leisurely 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day and stores will stay open until midnight that day before reopening at 6 a.m. on Black Friday.
It has been a rocky year for Sears and its sister store, Kmart.
Since its parent company Sears Holdings filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in October 2018, it has closed dozens of stores and had several narrow brushes with death before being bailed out by its billionaire owner Edward Lampert.
Lampert was among a group of lenders that gave Sears a $150 million lifeline in October . According to Reuters, the funding would enable the two chains to stock their shelves for the holiday season.
- Best Buy is kicking off its Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving Day
- Target will start Black Friday on Thanksgiving Day
- Kohl's will open stores for Black Friday on Thanksgiving Day once again
SEE ALSO: Black Friday is swiftly approaching, and analysts are predicting it will be bigger than ever