- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) released on Wednesday its picks for the safest cars from model year 2019.
- Thirty vehicles received the organization's highest designation, "top safety pick+."
- Subaru had more vehicles receive a "top safety pick+" rating than any other brand.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) released on Wednesday its picks for the safest cars from model year 2019. The organization gave 57 vehicles its "top safety pick" designation. Of those vehicles, 30 were included in the organization's highest tier, "top safety pick+."
To earn "top safety pick+," a vehicle must perform well in a variety of crash tests. The vehicle must receive a "good" rating in tests related to its front, side, roof, and head restraints, an "advanced" or "superior" rating for front crash prevention and a "good" rating for its headlights.
These are the 30 safest vehicles for model year 2019, according to the IIHS.
- I drove a $195,000 Acura NSX to find out if it is the best high-performance supercar for the money here's the verdict
- One of Tesla's senior directors has left the company to work for Airbnb
- A Tesla Model S reportedly burst into flames twice after getting a flat tire