- Brad Pitt took home his first-ever Oscar for acting on Sunday for his role in Quentin Tarantino's "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."
- He's most recognizable as an actor, but a significant slice of his income also comes from producing.
- He spends his millions on real-estate, including a French vineyard that produces ros, and a number of philanthropic efforts.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Brad Pitt won his first-ever Oscar for acting at the Academy Awards on Sunday . Since he first came on the scene in the late 1980s, he's earned a total of 106 awards and 186 nominations .
He's also earned millions of dollars.
While there's no verifiable net worth estimate for Pitt, his typical yearly earnings are comfortably in the millions. Forbes estimated his total paycheck was around $31.5 million in 2016 alone. And that's not just from acting Pitt is an accomplished producer with his own production company , as well.
He primarily spends his money on real estate and philanthropic efforts.
A spokesperson for Pitt didn't immediately respond to a request for comment on Pitt's net worth or personal life from Business Insider.
Keep reading for a look at how Pitt makes and spends his fortune.
- Jennifer Aniston celebrated her 51st birthday this week. Here's how the Emmy-winning 'Friends' actress makes and spends her $200 million fortune.
- Jeff Bezos reportedly dropped $165 million on a mansion that broke the LA real-estate record. Here are the 17 most expensive homes sold in the US over the past decade.
- 17 of the most captivating professional photos shortlisted in the 2020 Sony World Photography Awards
SEE ALSO: Brad Pitt made a rare mention of his 6 kids in his Oscars speech and said: 'This is for my children who color everything I do'
DON'T MISS: Jennifer Aniston celebrated her 51st birthday this week. Here's how the Emmy-winning 'Friends' actress makes and spends her $200 million fortune.