- Forbes released its 2019 ranking of India's 100 Richest People.
- Mukesh Ambani, with a net worth of $51.4 billion , topped the list for the 12th year in a row.
- The list also includes infrastructure tycoon Gautam Adani and steel baron Lakshmi Mittal.
- The 15 richest people in India are worth a combined $215 billion.
Forbes released its 2019 ranking of India's 100 Richest People.
For the 12th year in a row, Mukesh Ambani, the head of oil-gas-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries, topped the list with an estimated net worth of $51.4 billion.
Despite a slowdown of economic growth that caused more than half of India's 100 richest people to lose money, Ambani has only gotten richer, adding $4.1 billion to his fortune in the past year.
India's richest 15 people, which include Ambani, pharmaceuticals billionaires, and infrastructure tycoons, are worth a combined $215 billion.
Here are the 15 richest people in India right now, ranked.
- More than half of India's 100 richest people lost money in the past year, but the country's richest man got $4 billion richer.
- Mukesh Ambani is India's richest man for the 12th year in a row. Meet the Ambanis, Asia's wealthiest family, who live in a $1 billion skyscraper and mingle with royals and Bollywood stars.
- WeWork cofounder Rebekah Paltrow Neumann's in-house school is closing. Meet the former actress, who is former CEO Adam Neumann's 'strategic thought partner.'