- Mohammed bin Salman is the 33-year-old crown prince of Saudi Arabia.
- He controls part of the royal family's vast wealth, which is estimated at up to $1.4 trillion .
- Prince Mohammed has spent his fortune on a $500 million yacht , a $300 million French chateau , and a $450 million Leonardo da Vinci painting.
- In the fall of 2018, bin Salman faced global outcry over the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi , who the CIA later concluded was assassinated on the prince's orders .
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Al Saud, known as MBS, is the future king of Saudi Arabia.
The 33-year-old heir will ascend to the throne after the death of his father, 83-year-old King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
Prince Mohammed is known for his lavish spending. He has bought a $500 million yacht , a $300 million French chateau , and a $450 million Leonardo da Vinci painting. According to one estimate, the Saudi royal family which has about 15,000 members is worth up to $1.4 trillion .
The crown prince has become a controversial global political figure, particularly in the fall of 2018, when he faced global outcry over the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi , who the CIA later concluded was assassinated on the prince's orders .
Here's a look at the lavish and controversial lifestyle of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
- 11 mind-blowing facts that show just how wealthy Bill Gates really is
- I got access to the richest zip code in the US, an island off Miami where the average income is $2.2 million, the beaches have sand imported from the Bahamas, and the preferred mode of transportation is golf carts. Here's what it looks like.
- Miami's 'Billionaire Bunker' is a high-security island that has a 13-person police force for its 42 residents. A real-estate agent got me past the guardhouse here's what the exclusive community looks like.