- Germany is home to 114 of the world's billionaires , according to Forbes.
- That's the third-highest number after the US, which has an estimated 705 people with a net worth of at least $1 billion, and China , which has 324 billionaires , per Forbes.
- The richest people in Germany are Beate Heister and Karl Albrecht Jr. ,heirs to the Aldi supermarket fortune, worth an estimated $34.3 billion.
- Others on the list include the CEO of supermarket chain Lidl and part owners of automaker BMW .
- The 11 richest Germans are worth a combined $197 billion.
There are an estimated 2,153 billionaires in the world, according to Forbes.
Approximately 114 of those live in Germany, making it the country with the third-highest concentration of billionaires after the US and China.
The richest people in Germany are Beate Heister and Karl Albrecht Jr. ,heirs to the Aldi supermarket fortune, worth an estimated $34.3 billion. Others German billionaires include the CEO of supermarket chain Lidl and part owners of automaker BMW .
Here are the 11 richest people in Germany right now, ranked.
- Here's exactly how much money each of America's 10 wealthiest people gave away to charity in 2018
- The hottest destination for RV travelers right now is a 200-acre park with natural springs in northern Florida, and it's becoming Instagram-famous for its unbelievably clear water
- 8 things millennials wish you would just stop getting them for the holidays
SEE ALSO: The 15 richest people in India, ranked