Popular Ofada stew, Ayamase, is so easy to prepare you won't believe it. Let's learn how.
Food is bae especially when you know how to cook varieties instead of sticking to the regular every now and then. So,today, we'll learn how to prepare Ayamase Ofada stew. This tasty, sumptuous delicacy is really easy to prepare and in no time, you'll be making yours.
1. Palm Oil
2. 3-4 Green bell pepper (green tatase)
3. 7-8 Scotch bonnet (ata rodo)
4. 2 large Onion
5. Assorted meat
6. Beef stock
7. Locust bean (iru)
8. Grounded Cray fish
10. Seasoning cubes
1. Blend the pepper and 1 onion together. Then boil in a pot until the moisture reduces and it becomes thick.
2. In another pot, heat some palm oil. Chop the remaining onion and fry.
3. Add the iru and grounded crayfish to taste. At this point, you can tell how delicious the stew will be by the aroma oozing out of the pot.
4. Add the assorted meat. Stir and fry.
5. Add the boiled pepper, salt and seasoning cubes to taste. stir well and fry.
6. Add little beef stock if the seasoning isn't rich enough. Make sure the stock isn't too much so that the sauce doesn't become too liquid.
Our Ofada stew, ayamase is ready!
You can choose to serve the sauce with regular rice but the local Ofada rice definitely adds something to the dish.