Pulse.ng logo
Go

A Brothers' Keeper! Mayweather Believes NFL Was Harsh On Ray Rice

Floyd Mayweather thinks NFL should have stuck with the two game suspension on Ray and not react to the video footage

  • Published: , Refreshed:

Floyd Mayweather Jnr has spoken in regard to the issue of the American football pro who was first suspended, then had his contract terminated and finally banned for two NFL seasons over an assault on his then fiancée Janay Palmer Rice who is now his wife, after they married a month after the incident occurred in February

Mayweather who himself has had a share of domestic violence in the past, spending two months in  a Las Vegas jail; believes the National Football League (NFL) should have stuck with the initial two games suspension on the 27 year-old expelled Baltimore Ravens Running back

NFL rescinded on the initial discipline after footage of Ray punching Janay inside an elevator surfaced and they slammed him with a 2 years suspension, which alternately led to Ravens terminating his contract

"I think there's a lot worse things that go on in other people's households, also.

"It's just not caught on video, if that's safe to say."

Mayweather who last week was slammed with a lawsuit for battery and physical abuse by former girlfriend Shantel Jackson, added:

"Like I've said in the past, no bumps, no bruises, no nothing.

"With OJ [Simpson] and Nicole [Brown], you seen pictures. With Chris Brown and Rihanna, you seen pictures. With [Chad] Ochocinco and Evelyn, you seen pictures.

''You guys have yet to see any pictures of a battered woman, a woman who says she was kicked and beaten [by Mayweather].

''So I just live my life and try to stay positive, and try to become a better person each and every day,'' Floyd disclosed to ESPN.com

Janay Palmer Rice, victim of the elevator knockout has already spoken out against the media and public's treatement of her husband, she says the Media blew out of proportion, as they opened a can of worms which they had forgotten a long time ago.

The American boxer is currently preparing for his September 13 rematch against Argentine pugilist, Marcos Maidana who he beat on majority decision in May.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.