Emotional pain is definitely one of the toughest things to deal with.
In fact, I think it could be worse than physical pain. With physical pain, you can see where it hurts so you know where the bandage is needed.
With emotional pain, you can't see it so you might not know what to do or where to start from with the healing process.
Here are 10 Bible verses on how to cope with emotional pain.
1. Psalms 34:18 says, " The LORD [is] nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit."
2. 1 Peter 5:10 says, "And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."
3. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 says, "That’s why we are not discouraged. No, even if outwardly we are wearing out, inwardly we are being renewed each and every day. This light, temporary nature of our suffering is producing for us an everlasting weight of glory, far beyond any comparison, because we do not look for things that can be seen but for things that cannot be seen. For things that can be seen are temporary, but things that cannot be seen are eternal."
4. Psalms 147:3 says, "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds."
5. Revelation 21:4 says, “And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there will be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”
ALSO READ: God will heal your broken heart
6. Psalm 73:23–26 says, "Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
7. Romans 8:2 says, "We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
8. Psalm 18:2 says, "The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
9. Jeremiah 17:14says, "Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise."
10. 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."
I pray that these verses provide the comfort and healing that we all need.