Pulse.ng logo
Go

Update: No Confirmed Case Of Ebola Left In Nigeria – Health Minister

The Nigerian Health Minister, Onyebuchi Chukwu has said that there is no confirmed case of the disease left in the country

  • Published: , Refreshed:
The Ebola Virus Disease has killed over 2300 people play

The Ebola Virus Disease has killed over 2300 people

Nigeria has scored a partial victory against Ebola as there are now no confirmed cases of the disease remaining in the country.

This was disclosed by the Health Minister, Onyebuchi Chukwu yesterday, September 10, 2014.

Professor Chukwu also announced that the wife of the late Port Harcourt doctor, Iyke Enemuo, had been successfully treated and discharged.

The minister said via a press statement that the total number of EVD survivors in Nigeria is now 12 while 7 people died of the disease.

He stated:

“The total number of deaths from EVD in Nigeria stands at seven, Five of these died in Lagos, one in a private hospital, the index (first) case Mr. Sawyer, and the other four in the isolation ward in Lagos State.

“Two of the seven died in Port Harcourt, the medical doctor, who died in a private hospital and the contact, a patient in the hospital at the time the doctor was also on admission, who died in the isolation ward in Rivers State, “

“The total number of patients who have been successfully managed and discharged is now 10.”

Chukwu also said that a student of the Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile-Ife, who had contact with the late Port Harcourt doctor at a naming ceremony, was being observed for signs of the disease.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.