Tee-y Mix is one of the leading producers in the Nigerian music industry. His production journey began in the 90s after he learnt to play the piano and drums.
He’s produced several hits that has made gotten Nigerians and the whole continent dancing. Some of these hits include Naeto C’s ‘Tony Montana’ and ‘Kini big deal’, Sound Sultan’s ‘Natural something’ and 9ice’s ‘3310’.
Here’s a list of some more things you should know about him:
1. His real name is Temitayo Ibitoye.
2. He was born in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo state.
3. In 2014, Tee-y mix launched Vivace Records. Currently signed to the label are ImmaculatePatience Edache and Oyinkanade Dare Akande.
4. He received mentorship from Daniel Jones. While working at Trinity Studio, Abuja, Jones gave him the name Tee-Y mix.
5. He has produced music for the likes of Darey, 2Face, Banky W, Kefee, Sasha and Naeto C.
6. Asides from producing music, he runs a business that creates acoustic design, systems design, and offers sound installation services.
7. He studied Computer science at the University of Abuja, Nigeria.
8. He has a Diploma in Audio Recording Engineering from the Audio Institute of America.
Watch the video for Naeto C's 'Kini big deal' below: