The Bundesliga resumes this weekend once more with the first fixture of the weekend happening on Friday, September 2, 2022 at the Signal Idunal Park.
Bundesliga Weekend Preview: Tips, Predictions, Odds
Round 5 of the Bundesliga fixtures kick-off on Friday and here's your betting guide for this weekend
Borussia Dortmund play hosts to Hoffenheim on Friday night, before the defending champions Bayern Munich play on Saturday.
Last weekend, the Bundesliga witnessed an upset as Bayern Munich were held to their first draw of the season against Borussia Monchengladbach.
Although previous meetings between the two teams had indicated that Monchengladbach were never pushovers for the defending champions despite the former's obvious superiority.
This weekend, however, looks to be a different story as the champions are expected to bounce back against Union Berlin at the Stadion An der Alten Försterei.
Here are some selected fixtures for the weekend:
Borussia Dortmund vs Hoffenheim
Borussia Dortmund are up against Hoffenheim on Friday, September 2, 2022.
Team News (Dortmund)
- Karim Adeyemi and Gio Reyna are expected to make it in time for Friday's clash, but Mateu Morey has suffered another long-term knee injury and is out for several months.
- Donyell Malen only just recovered from a muscle injury, while Mahmoud Dahoud remains a doubt with a shoulder injury.
- Sébastien Haller is still indefinitely ruled out of this match having being diagnosed with testicular cancer.
Team News (Hoffenheim)
- Togolese striker Ihlas Bebou and Bosnian center-back Ermin Bicakcic are both out knee injuries.
- Stefan Posch is available after missing the last game through suspension, while Benjamin Hübner is out having picked up an ankle injury.
- Back-up goalkeeper Philipp Pentke has undergone an elbow operation and is also ruled out of this match.
Predictions, Tips, and Odds
On Head-to-Head, Borussia Dortmund have won 7 matches against Hoffenheim in their last 20 matches, while the latter has won 4 times with the pair sharing the spoils 7 times.
Borussia Dortmund embarrassingly surrendered a two-goal lead in their last home game with just a minute of normal time remaining and will no doubt be looking to make up for their laxity on Friday.
Borussia Dortmund are undefeated in 9 of their last 10 home matches against Hoffenheim in all competitions.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 18 of Borussia Dortmund's last 21 home games.
Dortmund have not drawn in their last 26 home games.
In fact, the last time they were held at home was against this same Hoffenheim in February last year where it finished 2-2.
Hoffenheim on the other hand have won three games in a row under their new coach Andre Breitenreiter.
Hoffenheim have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 away matches against Borussia Dortmund in all competitions.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Hoffenheim's last 6 away games (Bundesliga).
Dortmund will be looking to avoid another repeat of their late collapse in front of their home fans but Hoffenheim's decent run of form means both they can also score at least a goal at the Signal Iduna Park on Friday.
The Odds for Dortmund to win this game is 1.68, for Dortmund to Win Either Half - 1.33 and Over 2.5 goals in the match is valued at 1.40 on BetKing.
The Odds for Hoffenheim to score is valued at 1.28 while giving the Away team a 3-goal Handicap is valued at 1.14 on BetKing.
Union Berlin vs Bayern Munich
Union Berlin will host the Bundesliga champions on Saturday, September 3,2022.
Team News (Union Berlin)
- Coach Urs Fischer has a fully fit squad at his disposal except for center back Timo Baumgartl who is recovering from testicular cancer.
Team News (Bayern Munich)
- The red-hot Jamal Musiala has recovered from an adductor injury and could make a return here, alongside Eric Choupo-Moting who recently had a kidney stones operation.
- Leon Goretzka made his comeback in midweek after a knee operation and could start here.
Tips and Odds
Bayern Munich will be looking to bounce back on Saturday after being held at home to Monchengladbach last weekend.
On Head-to-Head Bayern have won 4 of their 6 encounters against Union, drawing twice.
Julian Naglesmann has won Urs Fischer 4 times out of their 5 encounters with the latter only winning once in that period.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Bayern's last 6 away games.
Bayern have been winning at both half time and full time in 5 of their last 7 matches against Union Berlin in all competitions.
Bayern have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 away matches.
Union Berlin currently have the longest unbeaten run in the Bundesliga with nine wins and two draws in their last 11 games. Union's last defeat was their 4-0 loss to Bayern in March, earlier this season.
Union Berlin have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Union Berlin's last 6 games.
Union Berlin are undefeated in their last 11 matches.
Bayern Munich to Win this game is valued at an odds of 1.40, while Over 2.5 goals is valued at 1.44 odds, Bayern to score Over 1.5 goals is valued at 1.35 odds, while Over 0.5 goals in the first half is valued at 1.20 odds on BetKing.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs RB Leipzig
The Europa League winners host the German Cup winners on Saturday, September 3, 2022.
Leipzig have not beaten Frankfurt in six competitive meetings, but their last four meetings in the Bundesliga have ended in a draw. So we expect a winner this time around regardless.
Team News (Eintracht Frankfurt)
- Almamy Toure suffered a torn muscle while Aurélio Buta has undergone knee surgery.
- Jérôme Onguéné is close to a return from injury while Kevin Trapp will remain in goal after turning down a move to Manchester United this summer.
- Eric Junior Dina Ebimbe has arrived on loan from PSG until the end of the season but might only make the bench.
- Luca Pellegrini also has been signed on loan from Juventus to try and replace Filip Kostic and should make the bench too.
Team News (RB Leipzig)
- Peter Gulacsi, Willi Orban and Josko Gvardiol all have adductor problems, and are a doubt.
- Lukas Klostermann has a muscle injury, while Dominik Szoboszlai is available after suspension.
- Striker Yussuf Poulsen is closing in on a return from a muscle injury.
Tips and Odds
On Head-to-Head, RB Leipzig and Frankfurt have each won thrice out of their last 13 encounters, drawing 7 times.
Eintracht Frankfurt have drawn their last 4 matches against RB Leipzig in all competitions.
Eintracht Frankfurt have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches against Leipzig in all competitions.
Eintracht Frankfurt have failed to win their last 6 home matches in the Bundesliga.
RB Leipzig have scored at least 1 goal in their last 5 matches in all competitions.
The Odds for RB Leipzig to win is valued at 2.05 while for Leipzig to win Either half is valued at 1.52 odds.
Leipzig to win or draw is valued at 1.30 odds while Over 1.5 goals in the game is 1.18 odds on BetKing.