CSKA Moscow forward, Ahmed Musa churned out a spectacular performance at the World Cup, earning himself the respect as Nigeria’s first player to score a brace at mundial.
Eight things you did not know about Nigeria’s hottest footballer
Ahmed Musa crashed out with CSKA Moscow after the loss to Bayern, but he remains one of Nigeria's best
Since then, Musa has been in the news, recording fantastic results with Russian club CSKA Moscow.
Except for Mikel scoring in the Champions League game against Sporting Lisbon and making the round of 16 with Chelsea, and Musa crashing out of the competition, Musa unarguably is Nigeria’s hottest player making the wave in Europe.
So good was he at the World Cup that his goal as nominated for Goal Of The Tournament. Musa also is nominated for CAF Footballer of the Year Award.
The former Kano Pillars man disclosed, in an interview with Nigerian sports journalist Oma Akatugba where he revealed things many did not know about him.
- Ahmed Musa’s mother is from Afuze, Edo state and his father from Maiduguri
- Musa was born in Jos,that makes him a J-town boy
- He built a house for his parents while playing for Kano Pillars
- Musa believes Kano Pillars is the only club that never owes its players
- Russians love him so much that they nicknamed him ‘Myca’, the Russian way of pronouncing Musa
- Musa is a teetotaller; he has not clubbed in three years
- His most memorable match is Nigeria vs Argentina 2014 World Cup
- You will never find Musa on Twitter because he has no handle on the social network.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: