Muhammad Ali passed away on Friday at the age of 74, and the self-proclaimed "Greatest of all time" had a gift for words.
The former heavyweight champion died on Friday at the age of 74, finally succumbing to a long battle with Parkinson's disease.
Ali was never shy and was always able to drop a memorable line. Here are 10 of his best quotes:
1. "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
2. "I'm the greatest thing that ever lived! I'm the king of the world! I'm a bad man. I'm the prettiest thing that ever lived."
3. "I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"
4. "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
5. "It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."
6. "I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
7. "I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick."
8. "Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them — a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
9. "The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up."
10. "Friendship...is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."