Pulse.ng logo
Go

In Yemen At least 71 dead in car bombing attack, ISIS claims responsibility

According to the Aden governor's office and medics, about 33 others were wounded.

  • Published: , Refreshed:

The Islamic State (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for a suicide car bombing Monday, August 29, Yemen's southern port city of Aden, which killed dozens of recruits at a military training camp, CNN reports citing ISIS-affiliated Amaq news agency.

According to the Aden governor's office and medics, no fewer than 71 people were said to have been killed in the attack, and at least 33 others were wounded.

Report said the car bomb exploded inside a training camp for forces allied to Saudi-backed Yemeni President Abdu Rabu Mansour Hadi.

The explosion reportedly occurred around 8:15 a.m. local time while recruits were waiting in line to be enrolled among troops heading to battle at the Saudi-Yemeni border, officials said.

ALSO READ: ISIS claims responsibility for Maiduguri suicide attack

Aden has been the de-facto capital of Hadi's Saudi-backed government. The actual capital, Sanaa, has been under the control of Houthi rebels since last year.

Monday's attack is the latest in the country's civil war.

-----------------------------------------------

See Pulse PHOTO-NEWS gallery below:

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.

X
Advertisement