The West African Gaming Expo aims to introduce educational gaming, game designing and game development to the local African community. Like previous events, Over a 2 day period, WAGE will aim to educate attendees about game development, how to generate revenue from gaming and how individuals can break into the tech industry through gaming.
This year’s WAGE event, WAGE 15 will see children as young as 5 years old being taught the basics of coding and game creation.
West African Gaming Expo 2015 is a 2 day event compromising of
Day 1 (30th October 2015)
Venue: Pinefield Schools Lekki, Phase 1
Organisations that have confirmed their place for the WAGE 15 Conference are:
· Bournemouth University
· LEAP Africa
· IGDA Nigeria
· Coder Dojo
Speakers taking part in WAGE 15 conference will be speaking on topics such as Game Designing, E-Learning, Content development and much more.
WAGE 15 Conference is open to students between the ages of 16-35, ICT professionals and developers, and all other parties interested in ICT.
2. Developer’s session:
· Google – Showcasing Google Play services
· Kaplan International College – Exhibiting Game development courses
· LEAP Africa – Showcasing E-learning products and services
· AfricGames – (Africa’ First Mobile and PC Gaming Platform)
· Bournemouth University – Showcasing games development related courses
Individuals and organisations interested in taking part in this year’s WAGE Developer’s session can do so by exhibiting, ICT based Research and Project, Launch new Software and Hardware,
Showcase E-Learning tools and ICT based Services and products.
Day 2 (31st October)
Venue: Pinefield Schools Lekki
Exhibition and children’s day
· Console, PC and Mobile games
· PC Mobile and Console tournaments
· New game releases