After Apple launched its sleek new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, available for preorder and shipping on Sept. 19, it’s time for you to start weighing your options.
How To Trade In Your Old iPhone For The iPhone 6
If you feel like getting in on the new iPhone 6 action, then this might just be your lucky chance.
Should you stick with your trusty yet “old-fashioned” iPhone model, or is it worth ditching for better battery life and some Retina HD action?
If you've decided it's time for an upgrade, retailers and mobile carriers alike are scrambling to offer you the best trade-in.
U.S carriers are even cutting pretty amazing deals on the iPhone 6 for fear you taking your business elsewhere.
Here's a quick rundown of some of the best ways to break up with your old iPhone, and get your hands on the sleekest, sexiest model yet.
that most of these deals are only available in the U.S. The iPhone 6 itself will first be available Sept. 19 in 10 countries (originally 11, but the China release is delayed.)
1. Your mobile carrier:
2. Amazon: Amazon's Electronics Trade-in program is one of your best bets to earn some cash for your old iPhone. For example, a 16GB iPhone 5S could get you between $300 and $400.
3. Best Buy: Between Friday, Sept. 19 and Saturday, Sept. 27, you can trade in your working iPhone 5S at Best Buy for $300 and your 4S for $125. Your iPhone 5 will get you "standard trade-in value" — up to $300 for a 16GB model in good condition.
4. Target:Target announced its trade-in program this week, too, allowing customers to get deals before Sept. 18 (and guaranteed before Oct. 18). Trade in your old phone either in-store or online.You can get up to $200 for the iPhone 5S, $100 for the 5 or 5C, $75 for the 4S and $50 for the iPhone 4.
5. RadioShack: RadioShack's Trade & Save Program lets you trade in an older iPhone model in working condition for a minimum of $100 and up to $300, depending on the model.
6. Gazelle and Glyde: For 16GB models, Gazelle is offering up to $285 for the iPhone 5S, $165 for the iPhone 5C, $170 for the iPhone 5 and $65 for the iPhone 4S. You can get quotes for your specific model and carrier here.A similar service is Glyde, which has a handy pricing tool for you to plan your upgrade. According to a Glyde spokesperson, the site offers up to $356 for the iPhone 5S, up to $282 for the iPhone 5C, up to $259 for the iPhone 5, up to $174 for the iPhone 4S and up to $65 for the iPhone 4.
7. Apple: Apple's own trade-in program offers a gift card in exchange for your old device. You can bring your old iPhone to an Apple retail store near you, and an employee will determine its value.
While this is a quick and safe way to trade in your old iPhone, don't expect the best deal.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: