The mouse is as important as any computer accessory and if you are an addicted user like me, you would agree know that they help simplify work and save time. But it is also important, like we said in the part one of this article that using the mouse properly will help you increase your overall productivity while on the computer.
Top 10 computer mouse tips you should know (2)
Get these tips and tricks to get the full potential of your computer mouse and move one level higher on the productivity ladder.
Here are the remaining five tricks:
6. Use the Windows Snap To feature: Take full advantage of the Windows mouse Snap To feature, which will automatically move your mouse to buttons that appear in a dialog box. For example, if you delete a file or close a window you may get a prompt asking you if you are sure you want to perform the task.
With the Snap To feature enabled, the mouse cursor automatically moves to the Ok button, so all you will have to do is click the mouse button if you agree. This saves you the time of having to move the mouse cursor over to the Ok button and then click Ok. To enable this feature open the Mouse properties under the Windows Control Panel and check the Snap To check box under the Pointer Options tab.
7. Operate the mouse mouse with keyboard: Double-click the top title bar of any window to maximize a window or if it is already maximized resize it to a window. You can also double-click the icon for the window in the top-left corner of the window to close that window.
8. Move the mouse with your keyboard: Instead of using the mouse that came with your computer you can also enable Windows to use the number pad as a mouse.
Go to control panel and open Accessibility Options or Ease of Access.>>Then click on the mouse tab.>> Check the option “use mouse keys”. After doing this just click on apply and close the
9. Use your mouse safely: Holding and moving your mouse properly can help you avoid soreness or injury to your wrists, hands, and arms, particularly if you use your computer for long periods of time.
10. Customize your mouse: Finally, if you have a mouse with more than two buttons, installing the included mouse software will allow you to customize the mouse even more. For example, if you don't use the side buttons to move back and forth in a web page change it to something you do more often, such as switching between open windows or opening the calculator.
Tip: Increasing the Motion speed can also help increase your productivity while using the mouse.
Read Part One Here: 10 COMPUTER MOUSE TIPS YOU SHOULD KNOW (1)
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: