Here is one of the simplest ways to fix Invalid IMEI error on Android Smartphones
IMEI means International Mobile Equipment Identity. It is the unique serial number of every GSM mobile cell phone.
The IMEI number is used by networks to identify valid phones and block stolen or blacklisted phones from accessing the network.
It has been observed by smartphones technicians that a good number of smartphones users are usually confronted with the "Invalid IMEI" error after using their phones for a certain period of time.
And when this happens, an invalid IMEI message is displayed on the sim registration logo, which makes it impossible to neither make nor receive calls. It also impossible to receive or send text messages when the invalid IMEI message is displayed.
However, the possible reason for invalid IMEI error could be a problem from the MTK setup of the Android device.
It could also be as a result of after factory reset or flashing of the Android device without the removal of the mobile Sim network. Because sometimes, android phones usually fail to recognize the international mobile equipment identity (IMEI) after such operation.
Be that as it may, we shall, without further ado, delve into the purpose of this article which is to show you how to fix invalid IMEI error on Android Smartphones
We're aware that there are several methods to fix this problem but in other to make it easy for you, we will make use of the simplest method.
When it comes to finding solutions to this issue, knowing how to change the IMEI of your Android device is the first thing you need to know to fix this problem that has affected your mobile network Sim slot.
So, in other to get it done without stress (change the IMEI of your Android device); simply follow this simple step by step guide:
1. Dial *#06# to check your current IMEI number so it will be easy to notice the changes or keep on record should at any time you decide to use the change IMEI.
3. Install and run the application.
4. Press "MTK Settings" from the first menu option.
5. Slide left to "Connectivity"
6. Next press "CDS Information" follow by "Radio Information" in the displayed menu option.
7. If your device has two SIM option, choose the preferred slot for IMEI change.
8. After "AT+" type EGMR=1,10,""
9. Place the new IMEI number you want in between the double quote eg. AT+ EGMR=1,10,"358265013803256"
10. Leave a space between the + sign and EGMR
11. Send the command and reboot your device.
12. Dial the above code again to see the changes.
Once you've successfully changed your android device IMEI, you should then proceed to restart your android device and see if your IMEI is working.
Use this code on your dialer *#06# to see if the new IMEI will display. If it does, your problem is solved you can now make and receive calls, as well as sending and receiving text messages with your phone.
ALSO READ: How to identify cloned Samsung galaxy