Here are 14 things that happened at tech giants' big event today in Lagos
One of the bigger surprises of the event was an appearance by Google’s global CEO, Sundar Pichai.
But that is not the only interesting thing that went down at Google For Nigeria — there were a lot of Nigeria specific announcements. Here are all 14 of them:
- Sengupta also announced that Google’s smartphone keyboard,
- Yehoshua also announced a new feature called “
- Nigeria is the third country Post On Google is being launched after the US and Brazil.
- Locally tailored health search answers are coming to Nigeria by the end of 2017 and they will include 800 knowledge cards. Google developed this feature in partnership with the
- Detailed outlines of both residential and commercial buildings across various parts of Lagos have also been added to Maps.
- More than 100K Nigerian small and medium-scale businesses have also been added to Maps while the number of Google Maps users in Nigeria doubled in the last year.
- The biggest Maps announcement is that
- She also announced that watch time in Nigeria has grown 120% over the past year with the amount of content uploaded doubling.
- Highlights of the announcements on the YouTube front is that Google has been testing a new version of YouTube called
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai had a brief interview session with media veteran
The event rounded off with a series of panel sessions ending in a discussion between former Nigerian minister and founder of the #BringBackOurGirls movement, Oby Ezekwesili, and Matt Brittin, Google President for EMEA Business & Operations.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: