92% say Peugeot can stage a successful comeback in Nigeria

Nigerians have displayed a huge amount of faith in Peugeot.

President Buhari inspecting ‘Made-In-Nigeria’ Peugeot car

Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Limited (PAN) was incorporated on December 15, 1972.

It went on to become Nigeria's favorite brand and was highly patronised by government agencies.

Unfortunately, the company suffered some hard times, which led to the Federal and state governments shunning Peugeot products and opting for imported alternatives.

However, Peugeot is back with the unveiling of it's ‘Made-In-Nigeria’ cars.

During the unveiling at the presidential villa, where the cars were taken for an inspection from His Excellency, Muhammed Buhari, Peugeot's Executive Vice President for Africa and the Middle-East, Mr. Jean-Christophe Quemard announced plans to stage a comeback to Nigeria.

Revealing the company’s three-phased plan to resume vehicle assembly in Nigeria, Quemard said the goal is to assemble 4,000 cars next year, and up to 10,000 cars by 2021.

Readers were asked if they thought the auto manufacturer stood a chance in Nigeria.

92% said they believe Peugeot can stage a successful comeback in Nigeria while the remaining 8% disagreed.

What do you think?

Check out the Made-in-Nigeria Peugeot cars in the gallery above.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng

Recommended articles

Osun APC youth protest alleged hijacking of forms ahead of ward congress

Gov Okowa charges commissioners to work for united Delta

Abba Kyari's extradition to U.S. not automatic – Kayode Ajulo

FRSC to investigate stray cow on Third Mainland bridge

FG not aware of $875m ammunition deal with US – Lai Mohammed

Nigerians in Diaspora rally support for Buhari, commend Military

Blue Bus Frontliners: The prosecution team seeking to arrest trafficking in persons for good

EFCC has recovered N5.4bn from trapped N12bn for NHIS - Secretary

2nd Niger Bridge will be completed in 2022, NSIA expresses optimism