Sanwo-Olu swears in 22 Lagos commissioners with portfolios
Governor Sanwo-Olu has finally inaugurated the Lagos State Executive Council.
A total of 13 special advisers were also sworn in during the inauguration ceremony which took place at the Secretariat in Alausa on Tuesday, August 20, 2019.
The governor had sent a total of 38 nominees to the Lagos State House of Assembly, but three nominees were rejected when the legislative chamber adopted the recommendations of the 16-member ad-hoc committee that screened the nominees on Monday, August 19.
The affected nominees are Olanrewaju Sanusi, Obafemi George, and Adekemi Ajayi-Bembe. The Speaker of the House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, mentioned that Governor Sanwo-Olu is at liberty to resubmit their names.
While speaking during the inauguration ceremony on Tuesday, Sanwo-Olu urged the commissioners and special advisers to be prepared for the challenges of their roles and work diligently for the development of Lagos.
"Great opportunities for employment and wealth creation can only be realised sustainably if we are able to enhance governance with creativity, innovation and technology, while embracing collaboration with the private sector and continual dialogue and partnership with all relevant stakeholders.
"This is the task we have been called upon to undertake in the next four years on behalf of our people who are relying on us to support their dreams and aspirations.
"I charge you all to show commitment, diligence and exemplary leadership as the necessary virtues needed to achieve the greatness we desire for our State and to deliver the prosperity our people deserve," he said.
Below is the list of commissioners and special advisers sworn in on Tuesday.
- Rabiu Olowo Onaolapo - Commissioner for Finance
- Folasade Adefisayo - Commissioner for Education
- Akin Abayomi - Commissioner for Health
- Idris Salako - Commissioner for Fiscal Planning and Urban Development
- Tunji Bello - Commissioner for Water Resources and Environment
- Gbenga Omotoso - Commissioner for Information and Strategy
- Bolaji Dada - Commissioner for Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation
- Lere Odusote - Commissioner Energy and Natural Resources
- Frederic Oladeinde - Commissioner for Transportation
- Gbolahan Lawal - Commissioner for Agriculture
- Moruf Akinderu Fatai - Commissioner for Housing
- Moyo Onigbanjo (SAN) - Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice
- Hakeem Fahm - Commissioner for Science and Technology
- Ajibola Ponnle - Commissioner for Ministry Establishment, Training and Pension
- Aramide Adeyoye - Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure
- Segun Dawodu - Commissioner for Youth and Social Development
- Uzamat Akinbile-Yusuf - Commissioner for Home Affairs
- Yetunde Arobieke - Commissioner for Local Government and Community Affairs
- Lola Akande - Commissioner for Commerce and Industry
- Olufunke Adebolu - Commissioner for Tourism Arts and Culture
- Sam Egube - Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget
- Wale Ahmed - Commissioner for Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Relations
- Ruth Bisola Olusanya - Special Adviser for Agriculture
- Aderemi Adebowale - Special Adviser, Office of Civic Engagement
- Afolabi Ayantayo - Special Adviser on Political and Legislative Affairs
- Toke Benson-Awoyinka - Special Adviser for Housing
- Joe Igbokwe - Special Adviser for Drainage and Water Resources
- Tubosun Alake - Special Adviser for Innovation and Technology
- Kabiru Ahmed Abdullahi - Special Adviser for Urban Development
- Anofi Olanrewaju Elegushi - Special Adviser for Central Business Districts
- Bonu Solomon Saanu - Special Adviser for Arts and Culture
- Oluwatoyin Fayinka - Special Adviser for Transportation
- Oladele Ajayi - Special Adviser for Commerce and Industry
- Tokunbo Wahab - Special Adviser for Education
- Solape Hammond - Special Adviser for Sustainable Development Goals and Lagos Global
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: