Former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe, has denied stealing N605 million which allegedly went missing during his tenure.
Ex-Minister denies stealing N605M
Former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe said further that he had already left the ministry before the money disappeared.
Orubebe said further that he had already left the ministry before the money disappeared.
The former minister made the comments on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 while speaking to Vanguard.
“I have heard them mention my name as if the money was taken under my watch. The truth is that I had left office before the money was allegedly taken. It did not happen during my tenure and that is what Nigerians should find out.”
“Yes, I went to the ICPC the other day to clear my name. I told them what I knew about the money said to have been stolen and made it clear to them that it did not happen under my watch.”
Orubebe was appointed a minister by former President, Goodluck Jonathan and served from 6 April 2010 to 12 February 2014.
Watch video of Orubebe disrupting the announcement of the 2015 Presidential election results below:
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: