How all 17 candidates finished in Ondo governorship election
14 candidates finished the election with a combined total of 14,997 votes.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared the incumbent governor winner of the October 10 election after concluding votes collation on Sunday, October 11.
Akeredolu, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), finished well ahead of his closest challenger, Eyitayo Jegede of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), a repeat of the 2016 governorship election.
While Akeredolu, 64, finished with 293,830 votes, Jegede finished with 195,791, according to the result announced by INEC.
The incumbent deputy governor, Agboola Ajayi of the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP), finished a distant third with 69,127 votes.
All the other 14 candidates finished with a combined total of 14,997 votes.
How candidates performed:
- Rotimi Akeredolu (APC) - 293,830
- Eyitayo Jegede (PDP) - 195,791
- Agboola Ajayi (ZLP) - 69,127
- Martin Kunle Olateru-Olagbegi (ADP) - 3,464
- Fasua Peter Oyeleye (SDP) - 3,053
- Adelegan Adedapo Oluwaseyi (ADC) - 2,440
- Okunade Taiwo (LP) - 1,977
- Adeleye Adekunle Peter (AAC) - 814
- Babatunde Francis Alli (PRP) - 669
- Adesanya Olaoluwa (APP) - 527
- Funmilayo Jenyo Ataunoko (NRM) - 468
- Ojon Dotun (YPP) - 398
- Aminu Akeem Olanrewaju (APM) - 309
- Rotimi Adeleye Akindejoye (A) - 292
- Olowoloba Dele (APGA) - 271
- Ojajuni Joseph Eniola (NNPP) - 222
- Joshua Oluwafemi Adewole (AA) - 93
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: