Pulse.ng logo
Go

Okupe ‘Dasuki only gave me money to run my office,’ Ex-Jonathan says

Okupe had earlier said that he couldn’t have gotten out of the looted funds because he didn’t get along with Dasuki while Jonathan was in office.

  • Published:
Doyin Okupe play

Doyin Okupe

Former Senior Special Assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Doyin Okupe has denied reports that he benefitted from the arms deal fraud which was allegedly supervised by former National Security Adviser (NSA), Sambo Dasuki.

Okupe said, via Twitter, that Dasuki only gave him money to run his office.

“I was not paid arms deal money. NSA paid for running of my office monthly from August 2012. Dasukigate was in 2014,” he tweeted.

 

He also told The Guardian that his former office had been run by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) since its creation on July 26, 2012.

“We had real staff. There were 25 people in my office. We had 11 graduates and five Master’s Degree holders and the office was being run by the ONSA,” Okupe said.

“Therefore, the issue of Dasukigate does not apply. Dasukigate ran in 2014. What we had was monthly running cost that did not change throughout my tenure. As a matter of fact, the money was slashed by half as at 2014, meaning that I received 50 per cent of what was due at a point in 2014,” he added.

Okupe had earlier said that he couldn’t have gotten out of the looted funds because he didn’t get along with Dasuki while Jonathan was in office.

----------------------------------------------------

See Pulse Photo-News gallery below:

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.

X
Advertisement