Ganduje heads APC's campaign for Edo governorship election
Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the party's flag bearer, will contest against 13 other candidates in the Edo election.
The party's Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena, announced in a statement on Thursday, July 2, 2020 that Ganduje was appointed by the Mai Mala Buni-led caretaker committee to chair its National Campaign Council for the September 19 election.
Imo State governor, Hope Uzodinma, was appointed deputy chairman of the 49-member committee that also includes state governors, lawmakers, and high-ranking party chieftains as members.
Former APC national chairmen, Adams Oshiomhole and John Odigie-Oyegun, were also included in the committee as members.
The campaign council will be inaugurated on Monday, July 6 at the party's national secretariat in Abuja, according to Nabena.
Osagie Ize-Iyamu won the party's primary election last month and will hope to defeat incumbent governor, Godwin Obaseki, in the September election.
Obaseki won on the APC's platform in 2016, but dumped the party for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in June after he was disqualified from participating in the primary election.
A total of 14 candidates will contest in the election, according to a provisional list released by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Tuesday, June 30.
35-year-old Obhafuoso Paul of the Action Alliance (AA) is the youngest candidate on the list, while Agol Ebun Tracy of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) is the only female candidate.
Other candidates who will also battle for residence in the Edo Government House include Akhigbe Benjamin Ehiabi of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Ibio Lucky Emmanuel of the Action Democratic Party (ADP), Lucky Osagie Idehen of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Igbineweka Osamuede of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM), and Amos Osalumese Areloegbe of the Action Peoples Party (APP).
Also listed are Osifo Uhun-Ekpenma Isaiah of the Labour Party (LP), Stevie Nash Ozono of the National Rescue Movement (NRM), Felix Ikezoe Obayangbon of the SDP, Jones Osagiobare of Young Progressive Party (YPP), and Akhalamhe Amiemenoghena of Zenith Labour Party (ZLP).
APC National Campaign Council for Edo Election
- H.E. Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje - Chairman
- H.E. (Sen.) Hope Uzodinma - Deputy Chairman
- Hon. Abbas Braimoh - Member/Secretary
- Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege - Member
- H.E. Inuwa Yahaya - Member
- H.E. Alh. Yahaya Bello - Member
- H.E. Babajide Sanwo-Olu - Member
- H.E. (Chief) John Odigie-Oyegun - Member
- H.E. Comrade Adams Oshiomhole - Member
- Sen. Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko - Member
- H.E. Sen. Godswill Akpabio - Member
- H.E. Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu - Member
- H.E. Sen. Owelle Roachas Okorocha - Member
- H.E. Timipre Sylva - Member
- H.E. Dr. Pius Odubu - Member
- Sen. Degi Eremiemyo Biobaraku - Member
- H.E. Prof. Oserheimen A. Osunbor - Member
- H.E. Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan - Member
- Sen. John Owan Enoh - Member
- Rt. Hon. E.J. Agbonayiman - Member
- Engr. Babachir Lawal - Member
- Prince B.B. Apugo - Member
- Gen. Charles Airhiavbere - Member
- Hon. Peter Akpatason - Member
- Hon. Patrick Alsowleren - Member
- Hon. Johnson Oghuma - Member
- Hon. Prof. Julius Ihonvbere - Member
- Hon. Pally Iriase - Member
- Hon. Dennis Idahosa - Member
- Mrs. Rachel Akpabio - Member
- Mr. Bolaji Afeez - Member
- Engr. Gabriel Iduseri - Member
- Chief Cairo Ojougboh - Member
- Patrick Obahiagbon - Member
- Chief Ayiri Emami - Member
- Hon. Abubakar Adagu Suberu - Member
- Usman Nahuche - Member
- Engr. Chidi Orji - Member
- Dr. Almajiri Giadam - Member
- Sen. Sa’idu Umar Kumo - Member
- Chief Pius Akinyelure - Member
- Engr. Chris Ogiemwonyi - Member
- Chief Solomon Edebiri - Member
- Prof. Ebegue Amadasun - Member
- Hon. Saturday Uwulekue - Member
- Hon. Osaro Obaze - Member
- Chief Samuel Ogbuku - Member
- Miss. Rinsola Abiola - Member
- Theresa Tekenel - Member
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: