President Buhari had weeks ago announced that some of the officials of the Jonathan administration who stole Nigeria's money were voluntarily returning the funds.
Senator Dino Melaye has revealed that so far, about N8 billion has been returned to the Federal Government's coffers by looters.
He made this known during an interview on Channels Television today, Dec. 16.
“As I speak to you, about eight billion Naira has been refunded back to the treasury of government and I know more monies will be refunded” he said.
President Muhammadu Buhari had penultimate week announced that some of the officials of the Goodluck Jonathan administration who stole Nigeria's money were voluntarily retuning the funds. But he did not state how much had been refunded.
However, following various calls by Nigerians and the opposition, the People's Democratic Party (PDP), challenging the President to release names of the officials who returned the monies, he said the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN) would release the names at the right time.