The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Muhammadu Buhari bared his mind on the matter during a recent interview.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Saturday, February 7, announced the postponement of the 2015 General Elections for six weeks.
The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Muhammadu Buhari had earlier said that it would be too bad if INEC allowed itself to be pushed into shifting the polls.
Buhari bared his mind on the matter during an interview with Reuters on Friday, February 6.
"There will be no delay. But if INEC is compromised then it will be too bad,” Buhari said.
The APC candidate also expressed optimism at his chances of winning the election.
“I’m optimistic that I won’t lose. But we signed an undertaking that it will be violence – free. We are attempting to stabilize a multi – party democratic system,” he said.
The former Head of State was also, on Wednesday, February 4, present at a Council of State meeting which rejected plans to shift the polls.
Buhari is however yet to issue an official reaction to the postponement of the elections.