A man who seemed bent on
If you’re reading this article, the chances are that you’ve already heard about the news and have probably caught snippets of the incident.
Here are things you need to know about the all man, who tried to kill himself twice, was saved twice.
- The man, who became a news item after burning himself, has been identified as Ahmed - according to a report by Punch.
- The burning man was a barber.
- The sad incident occurred on a road leading to Omole Estate, near Akiode Bus Stop, Ojodu area of Lagos state.
- According to eye-witnesses, the incident occurred around 4:30 pm on Wednesday, July 4, 2018.
- Ahmed emptied a five-litre jerrycan of petrol on his body; struck a match and lit himself.
- Ahmed was rescued from the scene around 5:00 pm by officials of the Lagos State Ambulance Services after passersby had rushed to put the fire out.
- Punch reports that Ahmed died while he was receiving treatment at a hospital.
- The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Chike Oti, confirmed the incident.
- LindaIkejiBlog released a video of Ahmed being alive and responding to treatment.