The history of the PDP would not be complete without mentioning Chief Tony Anenih.
Anenih, 65, recently made headlines with the release of his new book.
Here are five things you should know about Chief Anenih.
1. Chief Tony Anenih served as an orderly to the former governor general of Nigeria, Nnamdi Azikiwe shortly after his return from the International Police Academy in Washington DC.
2. Chief Anenih was elected as civilian governor of Old Bendel State (now Edo and Delta states). His governorship was however cut short by the military takeover of December 1983.
3. Anenih was deputy national coordinator of former president Olusegun Obasanjo campaign organisation in the 1999 and 2003 elections.
4. He served as minister of works and housing in 1999 and became chairman of the Board of Trustees of the PDP.
5. Chief Anenih was involved in several controversies part of which was the N300 billion fraud in the transport sector during the Obasanjo administration.