At the age of 29, Gbadamosi was appointed the Lagos State Commissioner for Economic Planning.
He was 73 years old.
Here are 10 things you should know about the late business mogul.
1. Rasheed Gbadamosi bagged Bachelor of Arts from the University of Manchester.
2. He finished his Master of Arts in 1969 at the University of New Hampshire, Durham.
3. At the age of 29, Gbadamosi was appointed the Lagos State Commissioner for Economic Planning under the administration of Brigadier Mobolaji Johnson, then military governor of Lagos.
4. He served as the Minister of National Planning.
5. He later became the chairman, Petroleum Products Prices Regulatory Agency (PPPRA)
6. Gbadamosi had wanted to become a doctor as a young man, but his father, being an industrialist sent him to England to study economics.
7. His father was also a prominent politician and the treasurer Action Group, a political party founded in 1951 by Chief Obafemi Awolowo.
8. Rasheed Gbadamosi was a playwright and author.
9. He was the chairman, Ragolis Water Ltd, AIICO Pension Managers, Lucky Fibres Nig. Plc and several other companies.
10. Before his death, he was appointed co-chairman of the Lagos at 50 planning committee.