6 Conditions for IPOB leader’s release
Pulse lists six conditions Nnamdi Kanu must meet before his release.
Kanu was granted a N100 million bail on health grounds by the presiding judge, Binta Nyako.
Here are other conditions Nnamdi Kanu must meet before he is released according to court.
1. Kanu must produce three sureties, including a highly respected and recognised Jewish leader.
2. Kanu must also produce a highly placed person of Igbo extraction such as a Senator.
3. He must also produce a highly respected person who is resident and owns landed property in Abuja.4. Kanu must not also attend any rally or protest.
“I must stress it here that the defendant must not attend any rally. He must not be in a crowd exceeding 10 persons,” the presiding judge said.
5. Kanu must sign an undertaken to make himself available for trial at all times.
6. The IPOB leader was also ordered to surrender his Nigerian and British international passports to the Nigerian authorities.
Earlier, Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayoseappeared at the Federal High Court in Abuja to show his support for the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu.
Kanu has been in detention since October 2015 over charges bothering on treason.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: