Death toll has rises to 17 in the Maiduguri bombing which occurred on Thursday, October 1, 2015.
Following the explosion that occurred in Sajeri, Maiduguri on Thursday, October 1, 2015, sources from the hospital says death toll has risen to 17.
Earlier it was reported that the acting Army spokesman, Col. Sani Usman confirmed 14 people dead, which includes 4 suicide bombers and 39 others injured.
Col. Sani Usman told News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that three of the terrorist detonated their bombs in the same area while the fourth detonated in front of a mosque.
He urged residents of the affected areas to remain calm and continue to be vigillant as security operatives are in control of the situation.
He further assured the public that Boko Haram had been decimated and therefore had no capacity to reverse the progress already made in the ongoing counter-insurgency operations.