Pulse.ng logo
Go

Lai Mohammed Minister confirms $15bn not $2.1bn stolen in arms deal fraud

Mohammed made the disclosure on Tuesday, May 10, 2016, during a town hall meeting organised by the Federal Government in Kaduna.

  • Published:
Lai Mohammed- Minister of Information and Culture play

Lai Mohammed- Minister of Information and Culture

(Punch)

Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has said that the real sum looted in the arms deal fraud was $15 billion and not $2.1 billion as earlier reported.

Mohammed made the disclosure on Tuesday, May 10, 2016, during a town hall meeting organised by the Federal Government in Kaduna.

“Today, Nigerians are less tolerant of corruption and corrupt people than before,” he said according to ThisDay.

“This is because we have raised the bar in the fight against this cankerworm. We have also brought to the attention of Nigerians the cost of corruption. Thanks to the sensitisation campaign we launched earlier this year….

“Let me state here that the revelations from the $2.1 billion dollars are just a tip of the iceberg, because the total funds involved in the arms purchase is $15 billion,” he added.

Mohammed’s remark comes in confirmation of a similar revelation by Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo.

Osinbajo made the disclosure while speaking in Ibadan, Oyo state saying that the looted sum amounted to more than half of Nigeria’s current foreign reserves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

See Pulse Photo-News gallery below:

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.

X
Advertisement