44 dead, 67 injured in twin blasts- NEMA

The casualty figure was provided by the Director in charge of the North-Central zone of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Mohammed Abdulsalam.

The scene of a double explosion in Jos, Plateau state on Thursday, December 11, 2014.

44 people have been confirmed dead in Jos, Plateau State following twin bomb blasts which hit the city on Sunday, July 5, 2015.

The casualty figure was provided by the Director in charge of the North-Central zone of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Mohammed Abdulsalam.

Abdulsalam said further, on Monday, July 6, that 48 other people had been seriously injured in the attack and were currently receiving treatment.

The first blast reportedly occurred at about 9:15pm near the University of Jos while the second went off at a mosque in the Yantaya area.

“This is sad and barbaric even at this holy period of Ramadan. I am calling for justice and effective community policing to end terrorism in all its forms, and this should be a collective responsibility of all,” a witness, Godwin Okoko, told Premium Times.

The Jos blasts followed an earlier suicide bombing in Potiskum, Yobe State which left 5 people dead.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng

Recommended articles

Buhari names 1st EFCC Board since 2015

Abia Governor Ikpeazu swears in 10 new permanent secretaries

Lagos Assembly extends LASIEC board's tenure by 6 months

Sanwo-Olu charges public servants to be selfless, dedicated to service

INEC targets 20 million new voters with resumption of registration

Buhari's agricultural revolution yielding fruits - Lai Mohammed

15 teachers kidnapped in Islamiyya school in Niger escape in Zamfara

President Buhari promises to implement outcomes of Progressives Youth Conference

NDLEA says it arrests 2,180 traffickers in 5 months