The statement urged the workers to disregard the text message, adding that those sending the message were workers who had perpetrated fraud,
This is contained in a statement signed by Mr Mustapha Fagge, Public Relations Officer, Office of the Head of Service, and issued to newsmen on Wednesday in Kano.
The statement said the warning was necessary following report that text massage was being sent to the affected workers through the social media to assemble at Audu Bako secretariat on Friday.
“The attention of the office of the Head of Service has been drawn to a text message being sent through social media to workers who have not received their salary.
“The message calls on the workers to assemble at Audu Bako Secretariat on Friday, Sept. 23 in order to protest,” it said.
The statement urged the workers to disregard the text message, adding that those sending the message were workers who had perpetrated fraud in the payment of salaries over the years.
It said that security agents had been alerted to deal ruthlessly with any person or group that participated in the illegal protest.
It explained that all issues of unpaid salaries or outstanding salaries were with the Ministry of Finance receiving attention.
“We are calling on affected workers to channel their complaints or grievances through their respective ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs).
“This is the proper way as contained in the Civil service rules”, the statement added.