Pulse.ng logo
Go

In Cross River Police confirm release of kidnapped foreigners

He said the success recorded during the rescue was the result of the combined efforts of the security operatives with the support of the state government.

  • Published:
Kidnapping play

Lagos State House of Assembly approves death penalty for kidnappers

(Press)

The Commissioner of Police in Cross River, Mr Jimoh Ozi-Obeh, on Sunday, June 26, confirmed the release of five workers of Macmahon Construction Company abducted on June 22.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN ) reports that two Australians, one South African and two Nigerians were seized by gunmen at Edundun Bridge in Akpabuyo Local Government Area of Cross River.

The police said their driver was killed during the attack.

Ozi-Obeh told newsmen in Calabar that no ransom was paid to release the workers.

He said the success recorded during the rescue was the result of the combined efforts of the security operatives with the support of the state government.

The Cross River Security Adviser, Mr Jude Ngaji, also confirmed the release of the workers.

READ: 3 kidnapped pastors found in a forest, 1 dead in Kaduna

“I can confirm that they have been released. I was with them a short while ago.

"It is only the two Nigerians that had injuries while one or two others had some scars,’’ he said.

Ngaji said the workers had been treated and that they had spoken with their family members.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.

X
Advertisement