‘I’m not dead,’ Jonathan’s former CSO speaks out

Obua said, while speaking at a press briefing at the Department of State Service (DSS) office in Abuja, that he’s alive and well.

Former CSO to Goodluck Jonathan, Gordon Obua

Former Chief Security Officer (CSO) to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Gordon Obua, today, July 21, 2015, dismissed rumours of his death which had been spread in the media.

Obua said, while speaking at a press briefing at the Department of State Service (DSS) office in Abuja, that he’s alive and well.

The former CSO also stated that he was being taken care of by the DSS officials, The Cable reports.

“I am well and I have well taken care of by my employers,” Obua said while also thanking the director-general of the DSS for “taking good care of me”.

Earlier reports had it that Jonathan’s former CSO had given up the ghost while being interrogated but they were refuted by an SSS source who said that Obua had merely fainted due to the hunger strike which he had embarked upon.

Obua was arrested on July 16, and told journalists that he was being held so that he could give account of his stewardship while the former president was in office.

--------

Watch Jonathan speak on his administration below:

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng

Recommended articles

Lawan says roof leak proves Nigerians should have allowed N37bn renovation of NASS building

Gov Udom says he is not aware that a University student was expelled because of him

Buhari inaugurates Osinbajo-led committee to reduce poverty in Nigeria

Akpabio says final forensic audit report of NDDC will be ready by July

U.S. universities admit about 13,000 Nigerians yearly

Umahi shuts markets, offices in Ebonyi to mourn departed commissioner

Buhari posts ex-service chiefs as Nigerian ambassadors to Cameroon, Benin

Kano govt uncovers 3,000 private school teachers on its payroll

UN agency says 14.4% of Nigerians engage in drug abuse